Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Fun, Fuzzy and Funky Handbag!

This bag was fun to make and it sure is funky! I hand knit it on size 17 needles and used Lion Brand's Big Yarn. It took two skeins- right to the
end! I also used fun fur and Red Heart worsted weight acrylic yarn.
The handle is finger crocheted- using no hook.
The clasp is made with the end yarn from the
handles. I fed the yarn through the top stitches
and knotted them in the middle.
Then, for the clasp side, I tied another knot a few inches down the strands and crocheted the fun fur around the loop it made. For the other side, I strung some hand made glass beads on the two strands of yarn and knotted again. I brushed the yarn out so it looks like a little tassle.



The little cell phone bag was made by crocheting the Worsted weight yarn and the fun fur held together. I started with sc around the first couple of rows... the dch a few more rows. It's attached with the extra yarn from the seams on the side of the big bag and then I used a single macrame knot to make the cell bag strap more sturdy and decorative! Now, the cell phone won't get lost in the bottom of the bag!

Oh and I almost forgot! I lined the bag with 100% cotton quilting fabric... it is fused into the bag with Heat and Bond Heavy fusible web. This makes the bag very sturdy and stable.


I didn't use a pattern for this bag... just made two pieces with a gusseted bottom and sewed it together!

This bag is for sale at my etsy store... to check it out go to www.crystalkini.etsy.com

Remember, you can always click the pics to see closer versions!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home