Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Monday, February 27, 2006

A Stocking in February???

I know you're thinking I'm nuts... I'm not really! I just wanted to try this pattern... I was given this red yarn --- it was pretty old... Woolworth's Brand! It is a worsted weight yarn like Red Heart Super Saver and I used two strands! It was crying to be made into a Christmas stocking! Who was I to argue? I used the pattern in the first Knifty Knitter booklet for this. Of course, I can't stick with a pattern completely--- I used a flat edge bottom for the toe of the stocking, instead of the gather method. You can't really see it here, but it looks more toe-like.
I'm probably going to donate this one to a charity at Christmas time - although my kids think they each should have it!
My mom made all of our x-mas stockings out of granny squares. I'm not willing to give mine up--- I've had it since my first x-mas! And as each person enters the family, they get one too. It's tradition!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the stocking, I was wondering if you have the pattern? I'm new to loom knitting, what is the first knify knitter booklet? I would love to make these for my grandkids

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home